Interesting facts about Facebook and its usersEzeelive Technologies
Like it or hate it, the fact that Facebook has influenced our lives in a major way is not surprising. The biggest social media platform in the world is now not only used for sharing or interacting with people, but for accessing news and important information as well.
Facebook has really redefined the way people use social networks. It has eventually become everything more than a social network.
It helps you not only connect with your friends but also creates a huge knowledge pool and discussion forum using the vast number of features it provides. Well, in this article we will tell you a few interesting facts about Facebook and it’s users.
1. There are over 700 million plus registered users on Facebook of which 300 million logins for at least once almost daily.
On an average, each of these 500 million users spends at least 4 minutes on Facebook every day (per user). This also makes Facebook one of the busiest websites in the world.
2. Over 50 billion photos and 10 million videos are uploaded to Facebook each month. Images alone consume hard disk storage space as much as 25TB of storage space every week. This entire thing became so humongous that Facebook redesigned their image storage system.
3. Facebook acts as a free yet effective invitation partner for over 5 million events that are created every month.
4. Facebook promotes active discussion and sharing of thoughts between millions of users daily with the help of more than 45 million active user groups that exist on the site. Isn’t this great?
6. Demographics: Almost One-Thirds of the total Facebook Population are school or college going. The age group that uses Facebook the most is 35 – 45 years.
7. Facebook’s Application Development Platform has turned many ideas into businesses and young people into entrepreneurs. Over 80% of Facebook users use applications made on the Facebook App Platform.
8. Facebook has a unique provision called Facebook Connect that lets you use Facebook’s code to create an authentication mechanism for your website. Over 15K websites have implemented Facebook Connect since it’s inception. More about Facebook Connect.
9. Just like other web-apps. Facebook is also available on Mobile. And it is a genuine fact that people using Facebook on their mobile devices are almost 50% more active on Facebook than the desktop version users of Facebook.
10. The reason why Facebook has a color theme of blue is that Mark Zuckerberg suffers from red-green color blindness. Also the fact that the color blue is labeled with trust and security, the two aspects that are very vital to get people to share their personal information.
11. Even though the competition against Facebook is growing, it’s still not going downhill. In fact, the user base of Facebook grows by eight people per second!
12. Forget users, as of now there are more than about 2 million advertisers on Facebook! The cost-effectiveness and popularity of Facebook made it one of the most popular online advertising platforms in the world.
13. USA and Canada have the most active monthly users on Facebook. For an average user, Facebook earns approximately
5.85 dollars from these two countries making them a very important market for this social media beast.