Also, just a couple weeks ago REACT and Angular new ones, which is a major step on its march to 1.0. But most popular have been the ‘Ember’.
Ember JS: Strengths and Weaknesses
Those who know a bit about Ember know that the ‘Ember’ is actually a framework that can position itself as the basic and important framework for any ambitious projects to be done.
Some apps that have been built with Ember actually include many of Apple’s properties too, like Discourse which is a new take on forums by Jeff Atwood and Ghost which is a modern blogging engine which is very popular.
Unlike any other framework that is discussed or used, the Ember is actually not built by a known mega-corporation.
Rather starting from the base, it undoubtedly does have an amazing, progressing, passionate, and large active community around it working each day towards its betterment. And because it is becoming popular, Ember js. has seen quite a development in India.
However, Prior to 1.0, Ember had actually grown notorious for its changing API’s as they had discovered the important views as to where they really wanted to take the framework.
Afterward, however, to the credit of the team working on it, they’ve absolutely proven themselves much capable of finally making large underlying changes while only gradually changing the user-facing parts that are revolutionary.
They have also taken this approach with the very release that was earlier this year of the Glimmer, and also a very high-speed rendering engine. And with 2.0, they also have now removed the deprecated parts that also couldn’t take advantage of this new engine. Any app that runs with Ember 2.X now actually will fly and run with smoothness.
What’s lies in the future of version 2.X?
When the further adoption of ES2015 features like modules, or multiple classes, and even the decorators shall be introduced, no one shall be able to compete with the Ember.
Also, the Ember.js development in India has also expanded with time. The ember development definitely has seen quite a scale up in India. Also, along with it, a departure from the Mustache templating and also, the use of bracket syntax for components shall be introduced very soon too.
However, a change to the project layout structure is what also lies ahead on future to what are called pods—so instead of just grouping by the function like controllers, or models, components, etc., we shall now also witness the very best top levels that will be present soon in the future.
Also, the controllers are thought to be removed in favor of the routable components, new models of which shall be newly introduced. All these shall be really good for the development of Ember in India.
Also, the advancement of their server-side renderer shall be existing very soon so as to help reduce the page load times and along with it, improve the search engine optimization too.
How is an Ember.js application organized?
Before we get to composing the application, then what about the investigation, how it is organized on the filesystem? The “Ember” command is able to create an entire directory structure on your computer. Seeing these are imperative to proficiently work with the apparatus and make astonishing ventures.
At the exceptionally top level you will see the accompanying documents and catalogs:
- md – This is the standard readme record portraying the application
- json – This is the standard npm arrangement document portraying your application. This is utilized essentially for the conditions to be introduced effectively.
- coal cli-build.js – This is the arrangement for the Ember CLI instrument to control our construct
- js – This is the arrangement for the test system. This enables you to characterize, in addition to other things, the programs that ought to be utilized to run the tests in for various situations.
- application/ – This is the real application rationale. A considerable measure occurs in here that will be secured underneath.
- config/ – This is the design of the application
- config/environment.js – This is the fundamental setup for your application. Anything that is required for the application, yet that may fluctuate starting with one condition then onto the next, ought to be placed in here.
- open/ – This is any static assets that you wish to incorporate into your application. For instance, pictures and textual styles.
- seller/ – This is the place any frontend conditions that are not overseen by the fabricate framework go.
- tests/ – This is the place the greater part of the tests go
Who should use Ember?
Now the question lies, who should be making use of Ember? Ember actually makes a great choice for all the writing web apps.
As also discussed above, many ambitious apps are also built just by using this simple and efficient framework. It also has been very particularly well received by the Ruby Community and also including our own Ruby devs at Smashing Boxes. And if you happen to be a Ruby shop, Ember is one fantastic choice to go with.
A ton of documentation, articles, and blogs and much more exist simply just by combining these two technologies.
It is often that we waste time into discovering, or researching, and gluing together libraries that actually don’t mesh very well. So, ember makes so many decisions for you, which thus provides surprising value.
There are multiple pros and cons to both of these approaches, but also those who want everything to just work well together will definitely love Ember.
Also, you can Hire Ember.Js Developer for multiple quick solutions.
For example, you can simply hire Ember.js developer from like the Ember js.the company in India like the Bacancy to get the best web application development services.
Of all other frameworks like Angular or React, Ember was actually the quickest to get something really started. Immediately you also have a web server that actually reloads the page on changes and also the best practices just right out of the box.
With the other two, you might be actually spending time configuring the Webpack or the Gulp to just get a project off the ground. And with it, you might fiddle with how you really want the project simply laid out.
Or you also might spend time searching just for a boilerplate project to be copied or to copy. So the virtue of simply being opinionated, Ember just removes all that friction and so is best to use.
Released Ember 3.0:
Good News for Ember.JS Fans and Wish you Happy Valentine Day…
Ember Project has released version 3.0.0 of Ember.js, Ember Data, and Ember CLI on 14/02/2018 (Valentine Day Gift for Ember.JS Fans). It introduces no new public API or deprecations. Instead, it is comprised of bug fixes and the removal of previously deprecated public API from the 2.x cycle with following features:
- Ember 3.0 (including Ember.js, Ember Data, and Ember CLI) is no longer support for Internet Explorer 9, IE 10, and PhantomJS.
- Project Build: Script tag driven use of Ember via a “globals” build is removed in 3.0.
- Testing Guides: Ember 3.0 remains support on the previous version and un-deprecated in 3.0. QUnit is default testing framework but others are supported e.g. ember-mocha.
- Computed Property: In Ember 3.0 reading a computed property without using get will cause an assertion failure in development.
- List of API Removed in Ember 3.0: Listed below are APIs remove or deprecated in version 3.0:
- Ember.String.fmt – ember-string-utils.fmt
- Link-to’s – ember-routing-view.deprecated-current-when
- Initializer Arity – ember-application.app-initializer-initialize-arguments
- Ember.Application#registry / Ember.ApplicationInstance#registry – ember-application.app-instance-registry
- Ember.ApplicationInstance#container – ember-application.app-instance-container
- Ember debug function options – ember-debug.deprecate-options-missing, ember-debug.deprecate-id-missing, ember-debug.deprecate-until-missing, ember-debug.warn-options-missing, ember-debug.warn-id-missing
- Ember.Component#defaultLayout – ember-views.component.defaultLayout
- Ember.Component#currentState – ember-view.current-state
- Enumerable#contains – ember-runtime.enumerable-contains
- Ember.K function
- Ember Data using window.DS is deprecated. Now accessing the DS namespace object via ES modules is preferred.
import DS from 'ember-data';
- Date.parse: Ember.Date.parse is removed from ember 3.0.
- Relocated APIs in Ember Data:
- store.recordIsLoaded to store.hasRecordForId
- store.lookupAdapter to store.adapterFor
- store.lookupSerializer to store.serializerFor
- store.serialize to model.serialize
- APIs Removed in Ember CLI 3.0: Brocfile.js file is deprecated in favor of ember-cli-build.js.
Steps to Upgrade ember.js 3.0:
1. Check current Ember CLI version:
$ ember -v //Result ember-cli: 2.18.0 node: 6.10.3 os: win32 x64
2. Remove current Ember CLI:
$ npm uninstall -g ember-cli //Result removed 686 packages in 31.566s
3. Clear npm & bower caches:
$ npm cache clean && bower cache clean
4. Install new Ember CLI and Ember.js 3.0:
$ npm install -g firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Check and confirm ember.js installation status:
$ ember -v //Result ember-cli: 3.0.0 node: 6.10.3 os: win32 x64