Why choose Python over PHP in web application development?Rajeev Sharma
PHP vs. Python: The Popularity in 2018
No one can deny that PHP is now in world of technology market is the most preferred open source programming language in the web industry and also it gives you the ‘N’ number of frameworks, CMS like WordPress, Drupal and MVC like strong Codeigniter, Zend, Yii, Laravel, CakePHP and many more also it gives the strong libraries to use your important functions in your web application development.
Because of these such reasons many companies choosing the PHP for the web application development because of this also the people choosing the PHP to make their career in and also the job around the world is more in PHP.
On the other hand, Python is also doing very well in its field because it offers the high-quality services they giving because there is an only small number of Python developers available in the market.
The main thing is that Python has less number of frameworks as compare to PHP but whatever Python frameworks (Django, Pylon, Grok, TurboGears, Web2py, Zope2 etc.) available they are very strong and full of libraries.
If you will research in the market in these two technologies then you can also say that python developer giving the high-quality services as compared to PHP.
In this world which is full of ‘n’ number of technology if any fresher comes, they always confused that which tech should I select? But still if you planning to choose the PHP or python to make the good career then these following points you should keep in mind:
1. The PHP syntax and language is based on the C/C++, PERL so if you have little knowledge about that then only you can do the development in the PHP. PHP’s syntax is well much similar to the C++.
2. On the other hand, Python comes with its own language so to develop the application you have to only know the basics of the python not other languages like C/C++.
Also, you have to learn only less number of the framework with many restrictions available in that.
3. Everyone Knows about their ability and in which field they can grow well so choose the language on your ability in which you can do a miracle for the world.
Benefits of PHP:
The PHP is the Server Side Scripting language whose server-side response time is very fast also the execution time is very good.
So the developers who want to make the carrier on the server side programming they chose mostly PHP only. They can use the Node.js on the server side with the PHP.
1. PHP has very secure and solid architecture with so many frameworks available in the market. Therefore application made with these architectures are very secure, reliable and safe.
2. Since it is open source and frees so it saves them lots of time and money for the organizations and also saves the time for the developers to search for anything on the internet world.
3. It is platform independent therefore runs on any platform and any browsers and operating system.
Cons of PHP:
1. Since its open source language so most of the codes available are old and used by developers again and again so it is not a robust language for the development.
Benefits of Python:
1. The coding is easier as compared to PHP because it automatically finds the scope of a coding block, which helps the coder to automatically end the code block i.e. the end of the statement.
2. Method use of Object-oriented programming (OOP) is quite easy and elegant in python as compare to use in PHP and C/C++.
3. Math work is easy and implement and most of the applications based on the math work only so the developer prefer only the python for the application development.
Cons Of Python:
1. Execution and response from the server are slower as compared to the PHP because it is robust language that’s why it check many things in the background and perform several activities.
2. Using Python designing of application is easy.
So, these are some most effective reason why you must choose the Python over the PHP but before you make a final decision in this regard you must search on your requirements that which language gives you the better functionality to use in your language. A little bit of the hard can make you the age in Python.